Buying a home is one of the biggest investments of a lifetime, which can be both exciting and overwhelming. The intricacies and challenges of buying a property are many, and choosing an agent based on their experience is critical to a smooth transaction. Finding a home is just the beginning of the home buying process, the real work is done navigating the legal and financial aspects of the transaction. The purchase process includes complex negotiations about inspections, appraisals and repairs. Financing a home also includes finding and preparing for the best loan programs and insurance. Having an experienced, hands-on buyer’s representative can not only keep the deal together, but save you thousands of dollars. Katie brings years of experience offering a full service approach to buyers’ representation. Her approach assures that the entire home buying process will be seamless and as stress-free as possible.
As your strategic advisor, Katie will navigate you through not only finding a home, but buying that home. Her services include:
Finding a Home
- Be a resource for your questions about the area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more
- Discuss with you your comfort levels on price and educate you on the many factors to consider when determining your budget
- Help you narrow in on part of Hampton Roads that best suits your needs, while respecting your comfort level on price
- Educate you on the nuances of living in a region with access to many types of water, including rivers, bays, lakes and the Atlantic Ocean
- Provide a personal MLS search that will immediately update you on any homes that match your criteria
- Help you identify opportunities by assuring you see all the homes in the area that meet your criteria
- Arrange and take you on home tours
- Assist with weighing the pros and cons of your top property choices
Buying the Home
- Assure you don’t overpay for your new home by performing a comprehensive comparative market analysis for any home that you consider purchasing
- Assist in choosing a closing attorney
- Draft and skillfully negotiate your offer
- Help you choose an experienced and well respected home inspector
- Thoroughly review with you all home inspection items, and help you understand the implications of found defects
- Negotiate all home repair items you would like performed by the seller
- Assist in further investigation of and pricing to fix defects found in home
- Provide guidance and tightly manage all timelines set forth in the purchase agreement
- Assist in finding the best insurance suited for your property
- Review all closing documents prior to closing
- Be a resource after you close for cost effective and property increasing renovations ideas, contractor recommendations and the list goes on.
Any licensed agent can show you houses, but it takes someone with tenacity and experience to close the transaction. Katie Howlett gets deals done.